Jump to navigation Jump to search
Several open hardware project that are building something with most of the functionality of a standard desktop PC:
- ARMUS Embedded Linux Board
- the Kestrel
- Balloon Xscale ARM+FPGA dev board
- Computer Components wiki: Custom Notebook
- the OpenBook project is an open source hardware and software project designing a computer tablet ... Everyone can contribute and help to shape the OpenBook hardware and software specifications on the OpenBook Project website. See the Openbook wiki (http://obook.info/)
- wikibooks: build a laptop has a few tips on a semi-custom notebook computer (but it doesn't have enough flexibility to, say, make one with a RAID1 mirroring).
Many of the other open circuits projects are designed to plug into a standard desktop or laptop PC.
- How to test a notebook computer? Does TestTheHardware already include those tests?